Lawsons Creek Branch Sewer Early Works
The Lawsons Creek Branch Sewer Early Works were a critical installation done for Watercare Services Limited and their main contractor Pipeline & Civil Limited. One particular section needed to be installed via HDD due to the sensitive bush along one side of the alignment and newly completed homes on the other. CDS were tasked…
Rotokauri Bulk Watermain
CDS New Zealand Ltd worked with Head Contractor Connell Contractors Ltd to deliver the HDD component of works on the Rotokauri Bulk Watermain project for Hamilton City Council. CDS installed over 1km of 560mm OD PE pipe and over 1km of 630mm OD PE pipe from November 2017 through to June 2018 using CDS…
Takitimu Street Stormwater Upgrade
The Takitimu Street Stormwater Upgrade was a Auckland Council project undertaken by CDS New Zealand Ltd. This project was commissioned by the council to increase the stormwater capacity and facilitate further development in the catchment.
The project included;
• A 100m shot of 630mm OD PE pipe from the bottom of Takitimu Street, under a sensitive waterway and to the Orakei Domain.
• A second, 50m shot of 630mm OD PE pipe.
• Construction of an energy dissipater & new manhole on the existing Orakei Stormwater Culvert – undertaken in conjunction with a specialist subcontractor, Pipeline & Civil Ltd.
• Installation of 7 manholes and 9 catchpits.
• Sections of open cut pipe.
• 155m drill shot of 355mm OD PE pipe down Takitimu Street.
• Connection of private property to the new stormwater system.
On this project CDS used its DitchWitch® JT8020 drill rig accompanied by our Triflo mud mixing and recycling plant. For the smaller diameter installations CDS used its DitchWitch® JT4020 drill rig.
Overall the trenchless installation of the new, upgraded stormwater system minimised disruption to the residents and resulted in significant savings for Auckland Council on their reinstatement costs. This project was completed on programme and saved Auckland Council over $130,000.00 on the original tendered price.
Hastings Pde Stormwater Renewals
This project involved installing 100m of 250mm PE pipe inside an existing reinforced concrete pipe and PE pipe using pipe bursting and slip lining technologies. The existing sections of pipe had become completely blocked with tree roots. CDS also installed and rehabilitated a number of manholes and catchpits.